Thread: Triggered
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 11:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Triggered

I am feeling drained because I just cried so hard for the first time in days. I was severely triggered tonight by my sister coming to me upset that her boss was and has been very mean to her. She has been treated badly for a long time.
I had a similar situation with my boss, and the final straw with her was a conversation where she yelled at me over the phone and was punishing me for not being good enough for her, and that day I ended up hospitalized because I planned to carry out my suicide.
The situation my sister was in tonight brought back feelings of pain, hurt, loss, and inadequacy. I sat there and didn't have anything hopeful to say. Of course I wasn't going to tell her where I was when I was going through a similar experience.

I feel drained. Exhausted. Sad. Apprehensive about going back to work; I know I'll have to do it eventually. Good thing I'll never have to work with that boss again. I am getting transferred. But lord, how in the hell am I going to face another boss? How will I trust them? I will I trust myself with them? I'm having a hard time trusting anyone right now.

So depressed,

~Samantha