View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 12:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default OOPSY - I hit my head !

Hello, I'm very happy to find this resource available. July 18, 2012 I slipped in my flip flops down 3 wooden steps, I landed first on my pelvic/hip joint; followed by smacking my head on the top step, twice.. the fall was so hard that the back of my head hit once and bounced back again. (I don't have a big head BTW LOL!). Fortunately, I have strong bones and just suffered bruising on my back side. Unfortunately, the blow to my head was traumatic and I fainted and became unconscious for 1-2 minutes. Needless to say; it scared the daylights out of my husband and daughter. I concluded that the dizzy/woozy, word transforming stuff that arrived 4 days later was due to my being sensitive to the prescription of prednisone and muscle relaxers (I don't like putting this kind of stuff into my body, I don't like feeling fuzzy headed!). Well, the symptoms didn't stop, when it's calm and quiet in my home, I feel okay, but guarded and frequenly recurrence of the woozy stuff. However, when I'm in a place of activity, it seems to boost the feelings of ick!

My Internist call me last night and said I was describing the symptoms of PCS - and we needed to evaluate my progress 2 weeks at a time, before I may return to work. My CT Scan determined there was had been no bleed nor contusion. I had blood work taken today to determine that all my levels were normal.

I was in the medical field for 20 years and know that the patient is their own best advocate.. so I'm doing my research. My disposition is good, my outlook is hopeful and I'm being patient. I am a healthy 51 year old California girl that doesn't feel her age, and is extremely active in the community - and enjoys living, working and living life. So, I see that I will need to be patient with time necessary in healing my brain. I was initially searching for any dietary food boosters (brain food?) that could increase healing time. Wow -- as I write this, I can see that I am transposing some of my wording. This is bizarre[/FONT] Thank you, I'm looking forward to doing whatever I can to proactively improve my condition..
KimmieM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (07-27-2012)