Thread: Naproxen
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 12:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ouch... I've been there --

Hi Kelly, Naproxin is sold over the counter (at least in CA). I had similar problems to what you are describing. It took me a long time to overcome, 1 year of physical therapy beginning with physical therapy 3-4 x's week, but it worked, and that was 6 years ago. My dx (diagnosis) was Radiculopothy and Spinal Stenosis - the radial nerve is a nerve that travels from your neck (my area ws C-4, C-5, C-6 disc bulging and nerve compression) down through your elbow and can get into your fingers. The radial nerve is very slow to heal and easily aggitated. My physiatrist (Doctor of Physical Therapy Rehabilitation) did my Electromylogram (EMG); and diagnosed my situation. I praise her to this day. BTW - The first thing she told me was, lighten up your purse, and don't carry it on your shoulder !)Best wishes to you, it's a very painful thing to endure. Kimmie M

I woke up in extreme pain today with a migraine, nausea, neck pain and shoulder pain. My right arm was still numb from yesterday.

I called the doc and went in this morning. Not my usual doc so I had to explain in detail the last 3 months of my life since I was attacked.

I hate talking about it as it gives me anxiety. But I had to.

She pressed on my arm and she said she could feel a nodule and I wanted to hit her it hurt so bad and my fingers got tingly almost electrically. She sat back and said that there are no nerves in my neck that effect my arm that low. (at the elbow)

She sent me for x rays of my neck and said I can't do a EEG without an x ray first. She thinks if nothing comes up then it just might be secondary Fibromyalgia. As it's located at a tender point. But wants to rule everything out first. I was thinking maybe a herniated disc or something.

oh well. she gave me a script of Naproxen. I thought it was for migraines but my mom says no.

Anyone know what this med is used for? I haven't filled it as I had taken advil today and can't mix the two and decided to try to sleep (which I didn't) instead.

Thanks,

Kelly[/QUOTE]
KimmieM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mist8012 (07-27-2012)