View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 03:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You poor thing. You need to be very careful because everything you do with your arms will effect your neck especially with spinal cord impingement.
I have had three ruptured discs in my neck with spinal cord impingement and each time I was not allowed to lift anything heavier than a carton of milk.
Go back and talk to your doctor about your work. There are significant risks involved when there is cord impingement. Future mobility being one of them.
I have had two fusions and an artificial disc at the three levels effected and although my neck is far from perfect it is so much better than it was. You will get immediate relief from surgery. I was surprised at just how sick I had been.
So good luck and let us know how you are getting on.
Libby

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.hancock View Post
I just found out last week that i have enpingement of the spinal co

rd @ my c6and c7. Im in constant pain and im waiting for an appt with the neurosergeon. Im worried that the type of work i do is going to make it worse.
I do alot of heavy lifting, pushing and pulling for 8 hrs a day 5-7 days a week. I am to the point i can barely move my neck, I can't sleep at night and its affecting my life and my family. I just want to know if i should go out of work till I get this fixed.
ejwblibby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote