View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 03:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy2012 View Post
Hi.

Im very new to this forum, found it while researching B12. I know I am a complete stranger but if anyone can offer help with my B12 test results I would love it.

Im not sure you want my long story so I will just say I have peripheral neuropathy symptoms and no dr diagnosed me but instead 2 doctors have said its from thyroid, which I am now taking Nature throid for.

I have went on to research for myself and was so sure I found my answer in B12 and was sure I must be low. So I took myself to a lab and ordered a blood serum b12 test and a blood MMA test. They do not offer the active b12 test that I wanted.

My results:

B12 serum >3000 pg/mL High Range 193-982
MMA
Methylmalonic Acid >0.08 nmol/mL Range >0.40

That is exactly what the results read.

3000 B12 Blood serum??? That is crazy, its like super high, what in the world does this mean for me??? I feel lost and back to the drawing board now. I was so sure B12 was my answer.

Oh, and this test was taken BEFORE ever taking any form of B12 at all.

thank you if you reply.
I dont know much this, but I noticed two blood tests I had for B12 were widely different in the same week, and the neurologist told me that some pathologists use different anaylitical instruments with the tests hence such wide results, and I make sure I usually use a particular pathology group in Melbourne as more reliable. What did the doctor say? I must admit I work for a company that makes their own analytical instruments, ie spectrophotometers, and I had no idea that results tested varied depending on the instrument used. You would think each machine measured to a set basis... Good luck, and I understand your concern.
LindaD88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote