View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 12:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for the links.

I cut and pasted the relevant info. into a word document for later reference. I'll wait until I have an injury that interferental therapy is indicated for (to justify the expense). Then I'll also try it on my feet and legs.

The placements look familiar from Physical Therapy. The shoulder pain was actually around the rim of the left scapula, with muscle cramping all around. The pain was worse than PN pain in that it was closer to my center of existence, my head. It needed Fentanyl for me to sleep at all. Weaker opiates had little effect. I limited myself to one dose per 24 hour period because it caused severe constipation. That dose allowed 4 hours of sleep, then lidocaine patches allowed another 2-3 hours. Three times a week PT consisted of deep massage, stretching, neck traction, and the wonderfully soothing interferential electro-therapy while lying on a large moist wet pack.

I hope jakatak tries interferential electrotherapy as part of his healing program. The cost is minimal, less than a doctor's visit, a prescription, or several co-pays. There are no bad side effects unless the person sets the current too high.