View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 02:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Eating more like a diabetic is VERY helpful even when not diabetic. I have great glucose results, A1c, etc every time. Even at home. So that is all fine.

My integrative MD told me to stop all refined sugar, gluten and bad carbs. It has been wonderful for my POTS- Postural Orthostatic Tacycardia Syndrome/Dysautonomia caused by Autonomic Neuropathy. I have peripheral neuropathy also. This diet is wonderful, we eat wonderful foods, (we are foodies!) and I have lost 20 pounds as of today and my nerves are healing.

When you have the bad stuff out of the diet, the nerves responds better to the supplements. My list of supplements is VERY long. Three times a day. I also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so I need the best of diet and supplements.

I take Alpha Lipoic Acid, 250 mg. Benfotiamine (fat/water soluble B1) lcarnitine, D ribose, CoQ10, Vit D, B12 and many other supplements.

I love the book "Minding my Mitochondria." Good book about mitochondria/nerves and diet. Written by a physician with MS that has helped herself walk, garden, ride her bike etc.

Sallysblooms is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote