Thread: Celebrex
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 04:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Huh?

Celebrex? The arthritis medicine? Seems odd for headaches. My hubby gets TBI headache relief from Zoloft daily, then takes the combo I saw recommended here of regular aspirin along with Acetometophin. This combo seems to help usually.

But anyway, my grandmother had painful arthritis in one shoulder, so she took Celebrex for 7 days (a trial of free meds from her doctor). She had massive stomach bleeding on day 8 and died on day 9.

Nope - she had NO history of ANY kind of stomach issues.

I warn everyone to think twice before taking it.
Then think again.
Then, if you still havent changed your mind - pray you come to your senses.

Wife of 54 year old hubby who sustained TBI January 2011 downhill skiing.

Hubby is: Machinist, off work since injury. 70% of the time feels really, really rotten (better! Used to be 99% of the time) 30% of time he just feels bad but can push thru to do something.

Current Symptoms: Light & noise sensitivity, brain fog (lessened by Zoloft), extreme fatigue, balance issues (walks with cane), cognitive problems (slowed & more difficult thinking), overwhelmed easily. Difficulty falling asleep but then could stay asleep for 12 hours or more
(Uses CPAP machine while sleeping due to apnea NOT caused by TBI)

All symptoms increased by stress, fatigue & crowds. Jostling movements (walking briskly, bumpy rides) are VERY bad & cause severe set-back

Seems to help: Taking 150mg Zoloft at night for symptom control, especially helps with "brain flips / swishing when walking" and brain fog (helped). 300 mg Gabapentin (100 3xdaily) for headaches (works pretty well. Minor headaches are eased by combined Acetaminophen & aspirin). Xanax for anxiety, but also seems to slow the overstimulation feeling when out-and-about. Feels best while lying down (vertical position seems to bring on symptoms)

Misc: Clear EEG, clear MRI'S (2 of them). No cut, bump or bruise after accident - all damage internal
Oddly enough, he's not bothered at ALL by tv
Praise the Lord he has NO difficulty driving.
AllAmericanAmy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
"Starr" (07-29-2012)