View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I was leary and didn't even consider a chiro for years until I was in major spasms and the one I found {LOL a karma thing or fate i think} really seemed very knowledgeable and trustworthy.

most will do a "evaluation appt" use it like an interview or test drive of sorts. Visit quite a few.
Ask around , look em up online , call the offices and ask about the drs expertise and any specialties and other therapies dr might use.
ask about soft tissue, chronic conditions, maybe ask about brachial plexus pain?

If you can find one that will treat & see you as an individual and not just a cookie cutter patient { same as for phys therapy} and do some of the PT type tx it will save you a bundle as far as not having to go to DC & PT & massage.

my DC told me that if the compression is artery related there is less chance of a clot where if it is a vein possibility could be higher.
Mine is more artery and uses related compression.

But I would have it checked out just to be sure.
What position was your arm in while sleeping?
Pre TOS?? mine used to go to sleep if folded under pillow- dead arms totally .
and when i got RSI/TOS they would go to sleep a few times but I pretty much became very careful how I slept and my arm positions.
Now I can sleep normally but don't put arms over head or under pillow much at all. Why tempt it?

most will use lots of pillows and padding to make themselves comfy and in a good position for arms and sleep.