View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Oh Harvey! what a mess! Im so sorry you are going thru any of this, and worse yet I am so sorry that someone, anyone doesnt believe you and then get on board with helping you sort thru the cob webs, and begin to get to why you are the way you are. As I tell folks all the time, even if I am a crazy nutball I dont deserve to be treated this way! I deserve answers, compassion, and direction. HELP ME! I feel like shouting at so many educated professionals.

Picking a disease that this sounds like is not something I am going to guess at, but I am going to ask you to call a MS center semi close to you. Please let them know that you cant pay for care, and if they accept medicare dollars they have to take in X# of indigent patients per year. You will have to fill out paperwork before you are seen so that they can qualify you before you are seen, but from then on until your financial situation changes you should be seen for free. Many of us use a MS center to be diagnosed or to completely rule it out and then use a local neuro if we need one.

I will tell you what I tell everyone else. there are more than 100 diseases that can mimic MS including lesions in the brain, twitches, shock sensations, Blood pressure issues and so on. Since you cannot fake a low or high BP that should clue your MD that you are not in control of this. You need a round of blood tests to rule out the easy things like vit def, lyme lupus, sjoghrens, porphyritic issues and the like. now if you cant afford any of this while waiting to be accepted as indigent, then there are things you can do to help yourself. #1 clean up your diet. Many find the Swank diet dramatically helps their sx and so does going gluten free. Add at least a multivitamin to your diet and be sure to get at least 200 units of vit D3 (not D6) into your diet. You said you have a new baby, if you are nursing be sure to get enough calcium in your diet (swank is against dairy) so you may need dark green leafy stuff or you may choose a to modify a diet to fit your needs.

Start using natural products for cleaning around the home. Many commercial cleaners contain neurotoxins and those us of that are sensitive react badly when exposed. Keep a journal! a daily journal to show when you feel worse, when you feel better. What makes you feel better (like rest or eating a light meal, or some exercise) and what makes you feel worse. (stress, lack of sleep, a meal filled with additives, MSG, gluten and so forth) its work! but its valuable work. it will really help short cut some of the work an MD has to do to help pin point what is going on with you.

Take good care of you no matter what else anyone else says. Please stop caring what others have in their mind. if you know in YOUR mind that something is wrong, keep working on finding out what. If others are attacking you for not feeling well, then I would suggest asking them to go home! the added stress of having them in your circle isnt helping. Let them know "i know you think I am just being lazy, but I am really struggling here! i would love it if you can be supportive of me till I find out what is wrong. If you cant be supportive, then please go home." MS is an invisible disease, and even with a dx in hand, many would say "but you look so good!" how can you be that sick, you look great! You drive into a handicap parking spot and others scream that "why are you in that spot!" they dont see you drag out of the store sweaty, and painful.

I wish you the best of luck. please let us know what you decide to do.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (07-28-2012), HarveysAngelsx3 (08-04-2012), Kitty (07-28-2012), Lynn (07-28-2012), SallyC (07-28-2012)