View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

YorkieMom. I found your posting about the cold packs absolutely amazing. I cannot use anything cold anywhere on my body.

For instance, years ago, I had spasm in my lower back. I had pinched nerves all over the place, I couldn't move my neck to the right and left, and my left shoulder was driving me crazy. My doctor sent me to rehabilitation and physical therapy.

The first thing they did was put a hot pack and then the electrodes. That was nice. I wouldn't let them rev it up too much because I felt like I would be electrocuted and I wasn't about to do this. Then they gave me this very nice massage. That was just fine.

Then they sent me into a room and had me sit up and they put this ice cold pack on my lower back. I HATED IT. COULDN'T STAND IT AND WHEN I SAID "TAKE THIS DARN THING OFF OF ME, THEY SAID "NO, THIS IS GOOD FOR SPASMS!!!" I just took it off and told them not to use it on me again.
I DON'T LIKE ANYTHING COLD ON MY BODY.

When my feet get cold (like in the winter), I just microwave my microwave bead thing. Then I put my feet on the thing and my feet don't freeze up.

Something about my body does not like cold. I'm absolutely fine when it's 95 degrees. I once went walking all day long when everybody else was dying in the heat and pouring ice water all over them. They took a look at me (using my ipod) and swinging my arms when I power walk and they just shook their heads in amazement as if to say "how on earth can this person walk in this hot weather". I have degenerative joint disease and when it's 95 outside, I DON'T FEEL ANY PAIN. I just take my bottled water and I go walking.

But forget about that when it's 40 or below. I am stiff as a board.

I think I need to move to either Las vegas or New Mexico.
But all my doctors are here so I can't move anywhere.

And congratulate me, I WENT TO THE DENTIST YESTERDAY. I am a severe dental phobic but I found the nicest phobia dentist in NYC. Takes me two hours to get there by Access-a-ride but I wouldn't go to anybody else.
He's a doll. Alan couldn't believe I actually made the appointment to get my teeth cleaned. He knows my phobia. My in-laws met up with me there. They are my support system.
The staff is so nice to me. So now my teeth are nice and clean and I don't have to go back for another 6 months. You have no idea how hard this was for me. But I've decided to get my life back and at almost 60 years old, doing this is one step at a time.

BUT I DID IT. I went to the dentist. Yippee.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote