View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Gretchen,

Your questions... my ANSWERS...

<<Can the removable partial or nesbit be attatched to a tooth that has a crown on it?>>
A REMOVABLE PARTIAL OR NESBIT IS MADE SO IT CAN JUST SNAP OR CLIP INTO PLACE. THERE ARE SMALL "HOOKS" OR "WINGS" THAT WRAP PARTLY AROUND ADJACENT TEETH TO HELP HOLD THE APPLIANCE IN PLACE. CROWNS OR NATURAL TEETH ARE NOT A PROBLEM.

<<Also, can these teeth be damaged over time due to the appliances?>>
IT IS IMPORTANT FOR THE APPLIANCE TO FIT PROPERLY AND BE REPLACED WHEN IT STARTS TO WEAR OUT.

<<Will the nesbit or partial help keep the teeth from shifting if worn alll the time, except when sleeping? >>
YES IT WILL! ALSO, THERE IS NO NEED TO WEAR IT WHILE SLEEPING. SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY REMOVE THE NESBIT WHEN THEY EAT BECAUSE IT IS VERY TINY AND COULD BE SWALLOWED.

<<Final thoughts: What if I'd opt for nothing? Is that an okay idea in the long run, or will my bite suffer, along with teeth moving?>>
IF YOU DON'T REPLACE TOOTH #3, YOU WILL GET SOME SHIFTING IN #2 AND #4. HOW MUCH MOVEMENT .... NO WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE. ANY SHIFTING IN THE TEETH CAN RESULT IN MISALIGNMENT OF THE OCCLUSION (BITE).

Great questions Gretchen... you've been doing your homework
Bryanna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote