View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 05:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiopathic PN View Post
...why did the test/s ever considered? What was your symptom/s that made your doctors thought of giving you these tests? I'm sure its not a routinary test for all patients with breathing problem.

I wish not to appear too strong to be suggesting tests to the doctors without knowing the symptoms. But at the same time I want to be pro active in my treatment. Sometimes doctors need also a "little help " from us patients..

Thank you.
The pulmonologist knew I had Sjogren's with neuro problems...including muscle weakness in other areas. There was also suspected myopathy/myositis, so he tested for the diaphragmatic weakness based upon that and SOB both during and after mild exertion and when laying down. I was also a chest breather vs diaphragm breather, but I'm not sure how important that was....just remember him mentioning it.

The myopathy symptoms have improved over the last year. Most of my current SOB is known to be cardiac related. I'm sure there is still some diaphragm weakness, but I'm thinking it's mild.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Idiopathic PN (07-29-2012)