View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 11:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
What kind of Dr. was the Spine Dr.? Neurosurgeon? I think Neurologist when I think Spine Dr. There are some Neurologists with knowledge of TOS, but not many. Vascular Surgeons have the most experience with TOS. Unfortunately there is no definitive imaging for TOS, it is mostly a clinical diagnosis.

You may want to check out this Physiatrist in regards to diagnosing TOS and possibly getting some further direction.

http://www.nebraskaspinecenter.com/o...x?ID=8&Section
Holles,

I agree with Marc. The physiatrist is probably the best route to go. I've been dealing with TOS and/or spine issues for nearly a decade now. In my own experience, I've found neurologists and neurosurgeons to be dismissive towards TOS even after having a very successful outcome from surgery. I think it has more to do with what they've seen during the course of their career than an outright dismissal of TOS. I had a neurologist once tell me that he liked the interesting cases (MS, Parkinsons, epilepsy).

In my experience, the physiatrists were the most open to TOS. You may need to see more than one physiatrist before you land with a good one.

Regarding testing for TOS, again, Marc is correct. It is mostly a clinical diagnosis so don't get frustrated that nothing shows up.
Sheri_TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Holles (07-29-2012)