View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 01:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prayformiracle View Post
I had a similar case, the concussion changed my entire life. i was once a happy-go-lucky girl, smart, sociable, hardworking and used to be very active in my school activities. I can study very well and usually top my cohort in different modules. But after the accident, it totally changed my entire life.

I began to stay at home all the time, crying for what has happened. My parents are not concerned about me, because they think that my head is just a minor illness that would heal over time. But now, im already 8months old for my PCS and im still fighting it myself, on my own. I felt really really helpless and would often cry in my sleep. Sometimes i wonder what have i did wrong to have deserve such a torture. And now, i had to stop school because i know that i wouldnt be able to cope with the stress and fatigue. And worst, i had to work part time to pay for my own medical fees which is a huge amount of money.Im only 20 this year and i had to suffer all these stepbacks.

Just felt like there is no meaning living already, people used to say, if you fall down, you have to climb up and continue to be strong. For me, it felt that i was permanently disabled after the fall, i dont have the ability to climb up myself. What the point of living if you were me right?

and for once, i felt like commiting suicide. but i couldnt bear to live my family and my friends. But fighting this illness alone is like hell. I really hope one day, i would be able to get my life back.

You speak in the past tense alot. Did you get better? What are you symptoms now? I relate to your story alot - Im 24 and I feel like my youth has been stolen from me.
windseeker242 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote