View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 02:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideebaby View Post
Hey there, I had my first shunt placed about six weeks ago. It has taken a while to get back on my feet, but I am finally thankful I chose to have my shunt placed. Since my shunt was for Hydro only I can't answer many of your questions but I can help with one. I too was concerned about my hair... so I understand the "need to know".

The doctors shaved the back of my head from the crown to the base of my neck on one side. If you think you can donate and that would make you feel better that would be the thing to do (and very giving I might add). I went the day before my surgery and had them cut my hair off because I didn't want to deal with it as it grew out. I was sorry to see it go that day, but when I came out of surgery and saw my head... I was happy not to have to deal with the hair.

I wish you luck on your shunt... I hope it gives you the freedome to be a kid again! You will be in my prayers!

Dorothy
Well you know! I think I might just do that then (:

I have WAY to thick/curly hair to deal with justa chunk growin' back, not to mention Ima redhead, I'm sure SOMEONE out there wants my hair lol.
angelocks67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote