View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 03:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

a note about chiro coverage, at least here in CA...many that are out of network do not charge you for the part your insurance doesn't pay, if your insurance pays well...they bill adn then they may or may not charge a small copay, then they write off the rest. I am sure that's wrong on many levels, but lots of them do it. I think it is because the ins co's make it a better option for them, but whatever. Lots also have great cash plans...like buy 10 visits for a reduced price or some such thing. Most will work with you because they'd love to have your business...lots of chiro's in the world these days.

Also, MANY do a little massage, stim, and ultrasound. These are particularly good for TOS sufferers because it can help loosen some of those muscles. Just warn them not to turn the stim up too high.

Try more than one before you settle in...also, ask how much they know about RSI's. I think a chiro who has taken the time to learn about RSI's are more responsive to hard to describe and unusual pains.

However, they (like most healthcare professionals) don't really understand just HOW gentle you have to be with TOS'ers. SO stress that to them with the massage and electrostim.

good luck to you!!!

Johanna

Good luck!

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote