View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Default Hi Paul,

Welcome to NT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl View Post
You might already know this, but I have heard that alpha lipoic acid can sometimes help with burning mouth syndrome.
Thanks to David, I was just going to mention that. It's also been suggested that there may be a link between BMS and diabetes, so that may be something to pursue with your (Paul's) doctor.

In lieu of Alpha Lipoic Acid, you might try 'stabilized' R-Lipoic Acid, which is well known on this forum. 100 mg. of R-Lipoic Acid is considered equivalent to 600 mg. of Alpha Lipoic -- less (and smaller) pills to take, and the stabilized form is reputed to be better absorbed (more of it getting to where it needs to be).

Lipoic Acid Helps Quench the Fire of Burning Mouth Syndrome

Chronic use of 'chronic' can deplete some essential vitamins, which could have an exacerbating effect on BMS. Something else to look into.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 07-29-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote