Thread: Weakness
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 09:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Raven I saw a Neuro-Muscular Dr at the ALS center because I was at the point where I could barely walk. It was almost wheelchair time. I had seen him several times before and he is considered one of the best in this region. With all that said HE IS A JERK. He examined me and had my tests from other visits to compare notes. Oh my regular Neuro sent me to him for a second opinion because I had gotten so bad. Anyway he said the Prednisone was killing the muscles in my legs. He immediately started reducing my dosage. Within 2 weeks I could lift my feet a normal amount. (down to 25mg now was taking 60mg)
He told me Prednisone can do 3 things for you. Improve your condition, do nothing or make your condition worse. In my case it made it worse. If you read the side effects you will see it mentions the effect on the leg muscles.

restorativepose The first 6 months my bloodwork came back negative, now I am positive for 4 different antibodies. The reason I went through 5 neuros was to find one that was able to hear what I was saying and think out of that little black box they try to put everyone in.
Mike
pingpongman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
restorativepose (07-30-2012)