Thread: Will PT Help?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Will PT Help?

I was recently diagnosed with TOS after suffering for a year with neck and shoulder pan. I also have tiredness in my arm muscles when I drive and numbness in my hands when I sleep at night. I originally was diagnosed with a frozen shoulder with only a minimal deficit in my internal shoulder rotation. I did 6 weeks of PT and have been doing exercises/stretches at home since Feb for this. It brought the pain to a more tolerable level, but it's still there. I have good days and bad days. I've been trying to take it easy, but it keeps me from doing all the things I love. Now that I've been diagnoses with TOS it's back to PT again. I'm not taking any meds. Ibuprofen doesn't help and neither did the Skelaxin I was prescibed.

From what I've read online about TOS a good percentage of people respond well to PT, but the message boards I've been reading paint a different picture of chronic pain. I have a very physical job as an RN. Am I going to have to quit? Is there any hope? I'm leary of the surgery and will only do it as a last resort..
bean0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote