View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 01:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Chat New to Post Concussion Syndrome, advice and feedback welcome

Hey all,

A little over two weeks ago I hit my head on a diving board. They didn't think I had a concussion--I didn't black out and I responded well to the tests they did. I was fortunate it was a diving board and that it mostly hit the back of my head instead of compressing my neck. I had to get three staples.

I had no symptoms until last weekend. Last weekend I had an energy drink and helped people move. Now I am a little foggy and have equilibrium issues. They aren't horrible--I can walk without stumbling and such. It's as if I had a buzz from alcohol enough to have minor balance problems. It isn't vertigo--the room doesn't spin. I read that that can happen...inflammation can take a week?

I had a CT scan a few days after symptoms and it was fine. Doctor said it's Post Concussion Syndrome and should go away in a few weeks.

Anyone have similar stories? How quickly can I expect it to go away?

In the mean time, should I only rest, or should I try balance exercises like walking while tilting my head maybe? I am currently working a computer job, but I'm taking breaks frequently and working from home. I slept most of the weekend.

I know to follow up with the doctor again soon, don't drink, etc, but advice or encouragement welcome. I know that symptoms can last months, but I'm optimistic since I haven't had a concussion before and I had no blackout or symptoms after the event.
axs221 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote