View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 05:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dr. Lisa mentioned

I thought that the Dr. Lisa mentioned rang a bell with me from something I read a while back about a pain doctor in the news.

I did a search for his name and "arrest"....

Here is the first thing that came up in my search that didn't require a password/signup to a newspaper site to get the info.

"Psychiatrist Accused of Trading Pain Pills for Sex
February 9, 2006 - 8:02am
STEVENSON, Md. (AP) - A Baltimore County psychiatrist who specializes in pain management is facing a suspension of his medical license for allegedly giving pain pills to female patients in exchange for sex.
The Maryland Board of Physicians has scheduled a Feb. 22 hearing on the suspension.

Dr. Nelson Hendler was the founder of the Mensana Clinic in Stevenson. He's also accused of handing out pills without prescriptions and having a romantic relationship with one of his patients.

Hendler was the president-elect of the American Academy of Pain Management but informed the organization last week he was resigning."
--------------------

I went to the Mensana site and read through his paper on CRPS... scanned it quickly.. and it seemed to me it says in one of the charts that you need a positive bone scan to have a diagnosis, as well as saying in the text that you need relief of pain after a sympathetic block to have diagnosis. In all the reading I have done, bone scans are - what - 50% reliable, and many (including me) are not relieved by blocks because our pain is already sympathetically independant. I didn't have a positive bone scan. BUT the doc I saw at Cleveland clinic said so much depended on if you are still using the affected limb (I am) and how soon after onset you get the scan done. Mine was within a few weeks. I have almost ALL the other symptoms though. Hair and nail changes, skin color, temperature, oh, you know the drill. I did notice in the credits on the paper he wrote that he has also writen papers about diagnosing for litigation and workers comp.

He must be an interesting Doctor. Glad I didn't go to him....but maybe I am not his "type?"
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (06-20-2014)