View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Usually a 5 and up pain level is when sleep quality is affected. Getting good sleep is very important to all healing.
You probably know that since you are a RN..

Does your PT use any modalities to help with pain relief?
Like US, E stim, LLLT, massage, manual trigger point work?
Many of the PTs places I went to didn't utilize all of these modalities, mainly only some stim & US, and some massage to my forearms when they thought I only had bilateral RSIs.

The chiro I found used all of those things plus adjustments.

Seems to me job #1 for PT should be to get pain levels down as low as possible , before implementing the more active therapies that you need to participate in.

*some triggerpoint work you can do for yourself w/ a tennis ball/ dog ball ( or whatever round object that seems to work for you) against the wall or laying on the floor
we have a sticky thread for TrPs also - up near the top of the main TOS forum thread page.

Some of my go to gadgets at home are a
Far infrared heating pad
IF stim (Interferential Stimulation) had a EMS stim before , but IF is soo much better.
Foam roller /Swiss exercise ball - for passive posture help -
see - http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/album.php?albumid=422

If you are interested in supplements they can't hurt... a multi vit/min , good cal/mag blend , MSM, maybe some grape seed extract..B complex for stress.

We have had other nurses in the past posting with a stretch injury as the cause of their TOS, reaching, lifting, moving, catching pts...