Thread: loosing him
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm sorry I don't know what "cops" is, but I lost my husband from cancer, and he suffered for 6 months with it, dying a little every day. It was a horrible death to say the least, and I was his "nurse." In the later stages, we had Hospice come in, but they only came a couple of days a week so that really wasn't much help.

It's terrible to watch the one you love die little by little.

Now I'm watching my son die -- He's in critical care in ICU with IV'S in every orifice of his body. He's not expected to live, and this is ripping my heart out. Parents are not supposed to outlive their children. He's 42 -- I'm 63. Something isn't fair here, but this is of his own making. He's an alcoholic, and his liver isn't working anymore -- so he will die. Dear God, I don't want him suffering.
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote