View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
Because your new verizon box is a DSL modem and that box does not know who you are until you tell it. But, if the Verizon person thinks you can just swap it out, then go for it, maybe its a new thing they just figured out how to do in the last 6 months. A cable internet box is swappable because there are no userid and pw's...

And you dont HAVE to disconnect the ethernet cable, but on some computers if the cable is plugged in its the DEFAULT and will override the wifi. If you unplug the ethernet cable then the computer will look for the next best thing, the wifi.
1. I don't want the PC to be wi fi. I know I sound clueless but I've had ethernet cables for years and modems for years.

And I remember last year I had modem problems. (not this modem/router thingee but regular modem).

Last year I had 4 modems in 4 weeks. They would all go out. They would work for a while but I would get a red light. And I never had to do anything but unplug and re-plug. No entering of passwords no nothing.

The 4th modem they sent me was the charm. I unplugged the 3rd one and plugged inthe 4th one and that's the one I have right now.

And I know exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to call the Verizon tech guy tomorrow and have him walk me thorugh this. With my luck if I do it alone I'll screw it up.

lol

Thanks very much for your patience.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote