View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureDO View Post
I hope that some of you will be able to give me advice on whether or not there is anything I can do to get healthy.
Keeping in mind that we're not doctors or medical professionals here -- it's a peer support site -- we tend to do & share a lot of our own research, as most doctors either don't know about, or don't accept some of the new research (as you've found). My own philosophy about self-treatments is, If it can't hurt to try it, then it can't hurt to try it.

R-Lipoic Acid works really well for controlling the burning pain of my PN; it's also been shown useful in treating Burning Mouth Syndrome.

Many are using it in conjunction with Acetyl L Carnitine and/or CoQ10, and I get further benefit with Pantothenic Acid (B5).

many of us also take various other B vitamins, complexes, and supplements that have been shown in legit studies to help neuropathies & nerve health.

My suggestion then, is to peruse the archives, Sub-forum, and Sticky Threads (e.g. Neuropathy does improve), and see if anything looks promising that wouldn't hurt to try. As far as further testing/diagnosis, check out http://www.lizajane.org/

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote