Thread: Any point?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Everyone reacts differently to every med. I went years without strong pain meds, and now have been on them for years. Even a small dose of time released morphine helped me tremendously. A reduction of pain is more likely than an absence of pain. Things like Lidoderm patches can be helpful as well.

So long as you find a doc experienced with RSD, I doubt you'll be accused of exaggerating.

If you're content with your situation, there is no reason you have to start meds. But if a fear of a stranger's opinion is stopping you, then that's giving them quite a bit of undeserved power over you. A pain psychologist can help you work through some of these issues, as well as giving you additional resources to decrease your pain.
No it's not a matter of being "afraid" of them. More concerned they would say the wrong thing on a really bad day and I would deck them LOL!! Just kidding...maybe.

But I'm just trying to decide whether to find one or not. I got a couple recommendations from the hand therapist I went to. One isn't covered by my insurance anymore and I still need to call the other one, so we'll see. It may come to the point of choosing pain meds over narcolepsy and cataplexy meds, especially since I don't drive anymore. But I so don't want to become dependent on drugs.
PhyllisJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote