View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
Maybe when you open the browser it automatically opens the new routers home page and it auto-populates....I hope its that easy for ya
Well, I HAD a headache but now it's gone!!! lol

I hooked up the modem/router. No problem at all. Didn't have to do ANYTHING. It synced up itself, I went online. NO PROBLEM.

Then I took my kindle fire, selected wi fi, tapped on "Add wi fi Network", gave it a name, and GOT LOST AFTER THAT.

I took out the little booklet that came with the new modem/router. It gave me an IP ADDRESS and said to go online and do this and that and I just stared at the screen and said "This is where I call Verizon'

so I called Verizon tech support and got a nice gal who said "You are at the right screen, let's check". I gave my new wi fi network a new name. But after that she tells me 'Well, we here at Verizon have limited information on the Kindle Fire so I have to transfer you to Verizon Expert Tech Support and they will charge you".

So I politely thanked her, said no thanks and hung up.

I then went back to my kindle and the little pamphlet and tweaked some things on the kindle, and it prompted me for a password, I hit on "connect" and I could not, it kept giving me error messages. I said 'okay, let's call back Verizon, maybe SOME OTHER PERSON WILL KNOW MORE THAN THE LADY DID"

So I got this nice guy. I told him what happened, we tried to do a screen sharing but for some reason my Internet Explorer would not work so I was already on Google Chrome and I had the screen in front of me anyway (that he would have accessed if we did the screen sharing'

I told him "walk me through this, I can follow directions. I changed my user id. Then he tweaked some WPA settings and some other settings which I have no idea what he was doing. THEN, he told me to go down to security and he said "That's your password, go ahead and change it". I did.

He said "now go and access your new wi fi network on your Kindle Fire'.

IT WORKED. I have a brand new wi fi network. It will automatically go there whenever I turn on my kindle fire. And the guy says "I know nothing about Kindle Fires, thank god we could do this'.

I said "And people are supposed to KNOW THIS RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX, REALLY???"

He burst out laughing and said 'Actually, NO they don't"

I then said

I don't know who the hell you are BUT I LOVE YOU'

He laughed so hard I thought he would fall off his chair (if he indeed was sitting on one).

I said "I can't thank you enough"

I am now set up and thank god.

So I hope I gave you a good laugh and I don't ever want to do this again.

I hate technology BUT I LOVE IT AT THE SAME TIME. When other people do it for me.

But thankfully I can learn stuff even at my age.

Holy Moly!!

lol
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote