View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 12:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by singergal64 View Post
Hi Everyone!
I am old MG'er, going on 5 years now since diagnosis and thymectomy. The trouble i'm having is a blanket of discouragement or feelings of depression after I have the IVIG treatment, along with a headache and my joints aching. I have been having them 1 every other week for a year now. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'd really like to know.
The headaches could be from the ivig being infused to quickly, are you being pre-medicated before you infuse? the depression is probably your body reacting to the IVIG. But I would definately speak to your PCP about it. Im having a round of chemo and IVIG for pancreatic cancer and after each of the IVIG infusions i also feel extremely depressed. but i thought it was just my reacting to my diagnosis but then i noticed that i only feel depressed after the ivig. I was also having headaches and joint pain but my PCP just started me premedicating with benadryl and vicodin and they both went away. Hope yours does too..thanks for posting, until i read ur post I thought i was just imagining it.
IVIGNURSE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote