View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 12:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk Things that might help

Quote:
Originally Posted by loci1967 View Post
I have severe RSD/CRPS in my right wrist/arm and it seems to be spreading. My doctor is trying all different kinds of meds for me but nothing seems to help the pain. I am losing mobility in the fingers on my right hand and I am seeing some contracture. I am at my wits end with this. Is there anything out there that will help me alleviate some of my pain.
Hi, my name is Sherry and I have RSD for 4 years now. I have had 6 surgerys in all including a spinal stimulator placed. I have found that soft things are the best!! My doc has me on Methadone, Roxicodone, and topamax. These drugs do a little to touch the pain, I'm usually at a 7 on the pain scale. You just have to keep changeing things up, because staying on one thing to long will only get your body used to it and then it no longer works. Warm baths are my friend when the pain starts getting really bad. I have been trying to use my arm more often, remember the saying You don't use it, you will lose it!! Even if the pain if there you have to keep going, you do not want the muscles to waist away. I hope some of this has helped you.
sherry43 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stressedout (10-23-2012)