View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 12:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How to know if blood clot has formed

Hello.
I am new here. Had my second molar on right lower side extracted yesterday. It wasn't a totally simple extraction as there ended up being two roots where there should have been one! After many attempts and the tooth actually breaking as the dentist removed it, the tooth came out. The dentist put a gelfoam in the area and stitched the site. He then packed my tooth and waited for 20 minutes to check bleeding. He thought it looked good so gave me another gauze to go home with. I was to check it and use more gauze as needed. Didnt rest immediately when i went home but went grocery shopping. Came home and checked gauze, but wasnt too alarmed with amount of bleeding because i hadn't rested and I was quasi-active - nothing strenuous. Went to bed keeping my head raised.This morning started gentle salt water rinses with no signs of bleeding. Does this mean a clot has formed? I have a great fear of dental work, but will be seeing the dentist again on thursday for more work, so i will be checked out, but i am paranoid of dry socket. Thanks for your assistance and hand holding.
fathermike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote