View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 02:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've found that most ppl do not understand this disease....it's very hard to balance activity in a way not to cause problems....before my final dx, tried water exercise on drs orders....was not a problem at first, just exhausting..then, one day after the usual time, couldn't get out of the pool without help, then sat/fell down & just could not get up to get to the showers for over 25 minutes...boy, was I in tough shape then, shortness of breath is no fun & it's a constant problem for me...reminded me of sev'l episodes I've had in prev. yrs, when air travel caused the same problem, had to have help to get out of the seat & walk...this I think cuz I was so nervous, white knuckle disease, lol...wore me out....nowadays, since I now know the problem, I use wheelchair at airports & a scooter/bike when walking is an issue....

Southblues, I've 3 horses & haven't been able to ride, but sure would love to try getting back in that saddle....it's a goal for me now, even if it's just short jogs....gotta get that wieight off too, tho....what a dilemma this is....

Dottie
korbi_doc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kristy (08-01-2012)