View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 03:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfinwolf View Post
So I have discovered lately that i have a huge issue with anger. I don't hit things or people, but when things get out of my control (like things I have planned, etc) or when plans change, I FREAK out. Friends and family have more often than not had to tell me to breathe and not get so worked up.

It's like I have a mini panic attack, and my head starts to pound and I almost see red and I just don't know how to handle it. Afterwards, I feel like an idiot and have to apologize to whoever I yelled at or got Bi***y with because it is not a big deal most of the time, whatever it is that I get mad at.

Any ideas on how to stop the anger or calm it down before it gets too bad? I usually realize too late what is going on and it takes a good 20 minutes or so to chill the eff out. LOL

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I know it seems like non-TBI issue, but I know that some of my problem is because I am having trouble coping with the weakened body I am in, and it's probably a control thing. And if there are not-activity related relaxation things I can do...

Check this out... I've also read a book that suggests simply "go to ground" until it passes. Just plain DROP. But it takes a lot of practice to learn the habit.
http://www.mindyourheadcoop.org/blog/?tag=overload
MommaBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
"Starr" (07-31-2012), Dolfinwolf (07-31-2012)