Thread: Will PT Help?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 04:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so much for all the useful info and support

I'm totally convinced that my career is responsible for my symptoms. For some reason I always picture my back going out instead of something like this from all the lifting. I'm just hoping that karma (good karma) plays out okay and I get a decent nurse who will take care of my sorry ***** when the time comes...might be sooner rather than later unfortunately.

I'm definetly not getting the amout of uninterrupted sleep I need. I used to just wake up with some tingling in my hands, shake it off, roll over and go back to sleep. This was back before I ever had any neck/shoulder pain and didn't realize how it was all related. Now if I sleep "wrong" the effets last into the day with achy hand/forearm/shoulder/neck. My night's sleep certainly predicts how my day was going to be. Still working on finding the right position that works for me.

It's so funny you mention the dog ball for trigger point release. Though I don't play tennis or personally own any tennis balls, my dog has one that I've used for just this purpose. Luckily, she doesn't mind me borrowing it

I do take a b-complex suppliment as well as Vitamin E. I agree magnesium (and potassium) are both needed for proper muscle function, but don't take any suppliments for these...too much can actually be harmful. I just try to eat healthy fruits/veggies instead.

I use a heating pad sometimes for the muscle tention as well as a massaging shower head (which works twice as well as the heating pad...massage and heat all in one!) Both were gifts from my sister who has been watching me suffer with this.

Completely off subject, but I also wanted to bring up the fact that my TOS is slightly atypical. Instead of having ulnar nerve numbness (pinky and ring finger) mine is in the radial and median nerves. So thumb, ponter and middle finger area on both sides of my hand. Anyone else have this?

I agree the right physical therapist is going to be the key to my success. I have my first session tomorrow and I guess time will tell.
bean0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote