View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Dreamer View Post
social security offices are notorious for being cheapskates, i got my ssi payments lowered by a considerable amount after meeting with my case worker which is making me crazy, how do they expect me to live on so little? honestly i got bills to pay and food to buy i need all the money that i can get
What you may see as a personal attack is really SSA employees doing what they are paid to do, apply the law and regulations set by Congress. If employees had the authority to override policy, then payment decisions could be made on your appearance or your personality or whether or not the employee was having a bad day or a good day. None of us would agree that is a good idea. The same decision should be made by a different employee with the same set of facts and numbers. That is not personal.

It helps if you try to fit your life into the SSI regulations rather than trying to make SSI fit your life and realize that the bottom line point of SSI is to keep you from starving and living on the street. Your bills and debt are immaterial to the payment. Being an SSI recipient means that you will be and remain a low income disabled person. But that is better than starving and homelessness.

If your SSI payments went down, it either means you have an additional source of income or are getting some food and shelter from someone and that you are not paying the full value of it.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
finz (08-01-2012)