Thread: New UK member
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 06:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation New UK member

Hi,
I'm Angela from Worcester UK. I'm a 58 yr old ex-headteacher (SEN) who retired early due to stress & osteo-arthritis. I was referred to a neurologist ‘by default’ after years of trying to convince my (very considerate) GP that I was gradually losing the use of my left side accompanied by intermittent pain, which was presumed to be joint pain.
Maybe as result of my war of attrition my GP asked if I would be prepared to take part in a clinical trial on nerve conductivity. I agreed & was tested at Worcester Royal. From there on it was established that I have PD & that the muscles of my left arm & leg (esp arm) had visibly atrophied.
I was not asked about pre-existing conditions but received treatment for PD which ameliorated the OA symptoms including physio & hydro. I had already taken early retirement so my general condition had improved except for poor stamina/endurance & problems with gait & balance.
I still have back,leg & arm pain which is my worst problem, my feet ‘claw’ & I have left-side tremor. The sciatic nerve regularly traps in my left gluteus maximus causing acute pain.
I can’t fault the treatment I am receiving/have received but I feel moved to ask whether PD diagnosis supercedes other conditions. Has PD taken over?????
JACKMANA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote