15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Unhappy Answers to the emails:

Well....it was fast, I have to admit.

Here are excerpts from the two emails:

1) from HS product:
Quote:
Thank you for your note. Health Science Nutrition is a licensee of patented Metafolin (l-methlyfolate) produced by Merck/Eprova AG. We produce two products with methylfolate: HS Fighters Active B Vitamins (www.hsfighters.com) and HS Folate (www.hsfolate.com). Both provide 800 mcg of l-methylfolate. Metafolin is also available in megadoses of 2.6 mg and above in prescription products which Merck/Eprova has decided to protect in the marketplace by phasing out “solo” sources of methylfolate in dietary supplements. Merck/Eprova is pleased with our HS Fighters formula (800 mcg Methylfolate, 1000 mcg Methyl-B12, and 50 mg B6 as Pyroxidine HCl) however they have asked us to reformulate HS Folate by adding ingredients such as antioxidants, green foods, or others complementary nutrients. Any requests? In the near term, purchases of HS Folate are being limited to 6 bottles while we reformulate.
This sounds like market manipulation to me... what I suspected in the previous posts.

The second email from Source Naturals:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Source Naturals.

What I can tell you about Metafolin is that it has been discontinued
due
to raw material availability. I am unable to determine if retailers
have Metafolin in stock at this time. We do not provide our research
for general use. Please view Source Natural's new product, MegaFolinic
at the following site:
So this also suggests that Merck is removing this wonderful product to RX only.

Major bummer!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sharpdude (02-21-2008)