View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 11:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Starr" View Post
Sospan,
I'm sorry you've received some abuse about your gait... that sucks.

I've had people stare at me while I walk and kids ask their parents "why does that lady walk funny"?

I did get in someone's way at Lowes and they were being impatient and sighing loudly and I stopped and turned to look at them and I said "sorry I'm holding you up, since my brain injury I have a hard time walking normally" and I stepped to the side and let them pass. Their face turned red and they were clearly embarrassed that I noticed their impatience.

Starr
Thanks - fortuneatly still big and ugly enough to hold my own. Its always strange when you see peoples attitudes to disabled people. I was in a well known burger bar chain walking towards an empty table, walking stick in left hand and holding a tray in the other. A mother shouted to her kids to run and grab the table I was walking towards. She still didn't get it when another customer pointed out what she had just done - theres no hope for some people