View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 01:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by felinefriend View Post
Hi, I have had spinal myoclonus for 20 years and after 18 years of being treated for epilepsy just this week I have been told this is what it is. The constant spasms stop me sleeping as I jerk while awake and while alseep. Keep smiling, and live your life around the myoclonus. The Docs at the Western in Edinburgh, Scotland , invited me to be one of their most interesting cases, (myoclonus is good for something) got to laugh.Please keep in touch it's nice to hear from someone who else with this condition. Lorna
Hi Lorna, I know how you feel, I to have SSM and have been taking pills for epilepsy, which havn't done any good. I really believe the doctors don't know what they are dealing with so they just make guess. I have talked to a Chiropractor who I went to in another state. He told me then that I had some damage to my neck, thought I had been in accident, which I hadn't. He then told me that down the line I might have some problems and guess what, here I am with SSM. I'm going to check with a Chiropractor here and see if he can help. Problem, my insurance only covers 10 visits but if it helps me, I will sure let everyone know. I'm just glad to know I am not alone, thanks for your help, Jeanne
Jeanne Spangler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote