View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 07:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome to the forum...

I too have CRPS in my foot. Cause was multiple surgeries in that foot.

And YES, physical therapy, with the right therapist.....can definitely help. I had to go through two PTs though that really didn't have a clue before I found the one that really understood my condition and could help me. And he did. Keep searching for a therapist who can help you. The first question you should ask them is this: "How much do you know about CRPS and how many people have you treated with this condition".

Interesting that gabapentin is my wonder drug too. This condition is very unique where what meds and therapies that might work for one, might not work for the other.

You have to use that foot. Use but do NOT overuse. That is my mantra.

And yes, you can get better. Never lose hope! I was diagnosed in the fall of 2008 and while I still struggle with this condition, I have a routine of therapy and other complementary things that I do that help me "manage" this condition. I also use a pain management doctor, a chiropractor (my hip is tweaked because of my altered gait due to my foot) and a massage therapist. And I am proud to say that with a hell of a lot of work and a good team of professionals helping me, I am better now than I was 4 years ago.

Good luck to you!
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rachel's daugther (08-03-2012)