View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 03:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

All I can say is that, sadly modern medicine has become the victim of its own success.

Because of the enormous advances: the cure of previously incurable diseases , the prolongation of life (turning previously fatal diseases into chronic diseases) and even prevention of some potentially fatal diseases there are unrealistic expectations (of physicians, patients and lawyers) regarding its abilities.

Those unrealistic expectations lead to numerous unwanted consequences.

As you did not share your personal experiences, I can only guess what made you lose your trust in modern medicine and turn to other treatment options.
You are one of many (physicians and patients) who are unhappy and frustrated with the current health care system.

Quote:
i asked two smart young neuros running separate MG practices at 2 Canadian teaching hospitals what they thought of predisone.
As I did not personally speak to those neuros I can't comment on what they said or how smart they are.

No doubt that corticosteroids (which is by the way a completely natural substance produced by our own body, but given in much larger doses) have significant side effects. At the same time those are well-known and can be recognized and addressed. When used wisely this medication can save lives.
When used unwisely, it can lead to serious harm. But, this is true for any substance (natural or synthetic) that has pharmacological properties.

Quote:
not one synthetic drug ever invented in a lab helps the human metabolic process to build new cells and move you forward to better / improved health.
This is utter nonsense. There are numerous such substances that have saved many lives. Furthermore, a drug does not have to help the metabolic process. It has to effect what has disrupted it. The body can then heal itself.

If you seriously want to criticize and possibly improve the practice of medicine, you have to learn what you are talking about. No one is going to take what you say seriously if you have no serious data to support what you say.