View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 08:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Hi ~ Has your doc put you on anything like Neurontin (Gabapentin) or Topamax or the like? These are to ease the burning of the nerves, and stop the tingling & "zapping" of the nerves too. If he hasn't put you on one of these meds, ask him about it. I would ask about Topamax instead of Gabapentin, as the Topamax won't make you retain water like the other does. It doesn't make you have "brain fog" either like the other. The other makes you really "loopy." So ask to try Topamax --- it works 10 times better for me, and at a much LOWER dose too!

Your recovery WILL be a long one, so don't expect to heal in 6 months or maybe not even 12 because having a 7 level fusion is much more traumatic to the body than, say a 2 level. A whole lot more tissue damage has been done, and there a whole lot of inflammation in there plus nerve inflammation too, so you've got a lot of healing to do. Nerves heal at the rate of one inch per month, average.

Tell your doctor (your GP) about your severe anxiety attacks, and he can give you something, perhaps temporarily, to help you deal with them. Also, therapy is recommended for these too, as you can overcome these with short-term therapy. So talk to your doc and get a referral to a good therapist.

I wish you the very best! I know you're very uncomfortable -- I hope this gets taken care of SOON. God bless and please take care. Hugs, Lee

Thank you for your insight. Regarding Topmax, I am already taking it for migraines. But I am taking everything one day at a time. It is just sooooo frustrating feeling the way I do and certain people can't seem to understand it.
I just broke off my engagement for that reason.
GreeneyeGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote