Thread: Going Nutz!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lee

Thanks for your ever ready support that you have given so many over the years. I am currently taking Lyrica () and Gabitril for the neuropathy. I now use a hospital bed with a six inch microfoam mattress on it as you know how uncomfortable hospital beds are. It is a bit helpful to be able to adjust my body position, particularly durring the night, by raising and lowering the foot of the bed. I should have stock in a pillow producer . I can't tollerate cold temps so "icing" is out of the question. Drinking ice water causes a pain flair. It's crazy. While there is no doubt that the degeneration, damage from bad surgery and the other problems in the mix are getting worse, I think my biggest problem is that I am burned out from dealing with all of this for so long. I know you understand that feeling quite well.

I am hopefull about the scs. My first trial was a failure but that was most likely due to an improperly trained doctor and not being given any post procedure instructions. That was 15 years ago. The equipment and procedure have improved. A different doctor will be doing the work. It will have to work as the pump is not an option for me. The implantation is just too darn invassive for me now. If the stimulator will pull the pain from a consistant 9 to 5-6, I think I will be back on top of things again. I can live with the host of autoimmune and mobility problems if they can just pull down the nerve pain.

If the trial is a success, I have to see a psychiatrist. After that, it's a meet and greet with the surgeon up in Louisville who does the inplantation and then set up a date for the inplant. I hope to have this behind me before the holidays. I hate all of this pre-op foreplay . I will stay with my daughter in Louisville for a few days, post op, as I hate being two hours away from the surgeon if there are any glitches. In the meantime, I guess I just need to bite the bullet. Take care and have a great day.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote