View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 01:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi dear Rob -- PLEASE don't worry so much about being "put to sleep." The anesthetist is watchiing you AT ALL TIMES, and it monitoring your breathing, your heart rate, your pulse, and everything else while they operate. They are VERY CAREFUL with you duriing the surgery. You have nothing to worry about. Just think of it as going to sleep at night -- you're just going to "take a nap." Then they will wake you up when they are done.

Honestly you have NOTHING to worry about. They check everything while you're asleep, so they know exactly how you're doing.

It's good you're having this surgery, because it sounds like if you don't, you will have PERMANENT nerve damage, and might even lose the use of the leg!!! If it's starting to cause you problems with walking right now, you HAVE to have the surgery!!!

So don't worry Rob. They won't take ANY chances with you. You will be perfectly safe. I've had severall surgeries, and never had any problems Well, they DO have trouble with me -- I keep waking up, but they put me back to sleep again. LOL But you will be safe. God bless and if you have any more questions, please ask, ok?? Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote