View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
I just wanted to say: it's unfair to judge all drugs by the side-effects of Prednisone. We all know it's nasty stuff. You and I are lucky: our MG symptoms aren't life-threatening, so we have the luxury of turning it down.

Yes, death is a possible side-effect of Prednisone. It's also a side-effect of not being able to breathe. When you can't breathe, or can't swallow without choking, you need a treatment that is likely to work, and work quickly. You can put up with double vision for six months while waiting to see if the raw-food diet is going to work, but you can't put up with not being able to breathe for six months.

I'm on Imuran. No side effects yet that I know of, though I realize I'm taking a risk. It's made me a lot better. My doctors have not recommended Prednisone for me because of its side-effects. Your doctors should have discussed other options with you, too.

Abby
they did and i turned it all down.

i agree with what you are saying but the problem is getting off the cocktail bandwagon.

most never do..........

once the liver blows out from years of filtering chemicals thru you do not need to worry about it any longer.

as soon as they allow me to post weblinks, another side of real heath care will be revealed.

s

s