View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

You are so right about it not being easy to find a full time job. All I know is whenever I have to call Verizon DSL tech support, I never reach anyone in the United States. They are either in India or the Phillipines.

I have to start looking for a job myself when the weather stays a bit warmer. I'm too stiff right now. I was an administrative assistant from the age of 18 till I had to quit work because of all the problems with my son. I was about 40 when I stayed home and began a home typing business and bought myself the first IBM personal computes. Cost $3000 and that was almost 20 years ago. jeeez $3000 today would buy you SOME COMPUTER!!!
Mine came with a 20 megabyte hard drive. Can you imagine that?? $3000 for a 20 megabyte hard drive. And the word processing software was multi-mate advantage.

It's amazing that I can remember all this stuff. I typed 145 words a minute. I used to win typing contests. I can still type that fast but why on earth would I want to. It gives you carpal tunnel syndrome.

I'd like to look around my neighborhood and maybe see of one of the local law offices can use someone to do light typing and be a receptionist.

I don't think I'll have any luck, because I'm almost 60 years old. Now who is going to hire a 60 year old disabled woman.

I should have never quit my job all those years ago. I'd be in a totally different situation now. But I did what I had to do at the time.

Who knew!!!!

Oh well, At least Alan works two days a week (I'm so proud of him). Every little bit helps.

Melody

P.S. Barb, I just saw what you said about Alan being a hunk. I smiled. So will he!!! Don't think anyone has ever called him a hunk. He'll LOVE IT!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote