View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Preipheral Neuropathy - possible dibetic- frightend

Hi Hi everyone,

I will not go into great detail; if you are interested I posted a lengthy post about most of my SX.

Basically I have bee suffering for 3 months. I found just found out my 2 hour Glucose tolerance test was off.

Fasting 85
1 hour 146
2hours 150

Im sure most know the normal rage is below 140 so its slightly high.

My scariest SX is that my armsm legs and torso have developed a shake.

If I stretch my arms out away form my torso whether it be up in the air like I am waving, out to the side or in front of me the motion is normal and smooth. But when i bring it back down or close to my body there is a rhythmic shake or Jerking motion, tic, tic, tic. My back does the same thing if I bend over at the waist and come back up and my legs shake from somewhere in my torso when I go down stairs.

The arm thing stated first. All my SX started with my arms and chest and shoulders and back about 6 weeks into it everything stated to show up in my legs as well.

All my SX come and go except the shake. It is always there if I move my arms or legs in a manner that promotes it.

My right shoulder is soar feeling allot cause I a right handed so use that arm more reaching for things.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?????? Please??? I’m afraid I will lose my mobility. It seems as if I am on round two that it is attacking my arms again because it started there and I had allot of pain in my arms at first then it subsided, my legs didn’t seem to get as painful as my arms did. I tried to stop eating all sugar in the beginning because someone told me it was inflammatory. I was also in amoxicillin thinking I had Lyme (live in CT and was doing allot of yard work going in woods) so as I felt the arm pain seemed to go away, but not the shake) I began here and there some ice cream or a sandwich with white bread. I also tried to have a glass of red wine at night thinking it might help me. I rarely ever drink and I stopped that after only about 5 days because my SX have been getting stronger.

I haven’t had time to research how to eat but I am trying to be careful not to get sugar spikes. Its really hard I don’t know what to eat. I am also not very hungry. Before this started I used to eat something every 2 or three hours, of course a lot of it was high in sugar so it probably made me hungry and gave me spikes I didn’t know I was getting. Yesterday all i ate was a tangerine with some almonds for breakfast, a grilled chicken salad with spinach and Romano and croutons and ceaser dressing for lunch and a few wheat crackers with some sharp cheddar cheese and some grapes.

This morning I made two scrambled eggs with half and half and a blueberry yogurt. The yogurt was 16 G carbs. For lunch Ill have the same as yesterday. Don’t know what I’m eating tonight. I afraid because I need my arms to get better and I’m afraid they wont. My endocrinologist has not called me yet for my appointment I got referred from my neuro.

This is less food than I usually eat yet I’m not really hungry. I’m also terrified to cause more damage if indeed I have predibetic SX, I wonder if something else is causing my sugar spike, but I don’t know enough about it. I was researching MS and Lyme, I also thought I might have heavy metal poising. Some people told my I had too much going on to be the beginning of MS and many have said it could be lyme but my tests were negative.

Can anyone guide me or share their similar stories with me?

Sorry I am long winded, I am just too freaked out about all of this.
jewels2970 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote