View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've already tried the physical therapy with absolutely no improvement in ROM or pain relief. I have also tried cervical traction which ended up leaving me with a severe headache that lasted 4 days. Cervical traction is supposed to either provide relief or do nothing at all according to the therapist. Needless to say, I didn't attempt round 2 with that contraption. I outright refused to. I stay with a pretty bad headache, neck pain, shoulder pain, tingling numbness in my ring and pinky fingers most of the time all thanks to my neck problems and that traction idea was just not a good experience. Now I have been scheduled to visit a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Doctor (sounds like pain management to me) and apparently the next step is to try some sort of an injection. Whether it will be focal, trigger, epidural or whatever I am not sure. That is up to him to decide. I am scheduled for that appointment next Friday but if someone cancels their appointment between now and then, they will call me in earlier. I am sure that I will not be having any sort of a procedure when I go as it seems that most of these initial visits are just consultations which really aggravate me. I am showing up to their office for a reason and it's not to sit there and discuss what I am already aware of but this is not the time nor the place for my complaints of how the system works. I will post what happens after this next appointment and go from there.
JAPOOTER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote