Thread: Ataxia
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 10:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm not an expert but it's loss of coordination and/or balance with involuntary movement, as you mention in your signature, problems with vertigo and balance. Are you currently seeing a physical or occupational therapist for this?

You may want to visit the forum on movment disorders. Here is a link with more information.

http://www.ataxia.org/index.aspx

Best to you as you recover.
What Happened: On November 29, 2010, I was walking across the street and was hit by a light rail commuter train. Result was a severe traumatic brain injury and multiple fractures (skull, pelvis, ribs). Total hospital stay was two months, one in ICU followed by an additional month in neuro-rehab. Upon hospital discharge, neurological testing revealed deficits in short term memory, executive functioning, and spatial recognition.

Today: Neuropsychological examination five months post-accident indicated a return to normal cognitive functioning, and I returned to work approximately 6 months after the accident. I am grateful to be alive and am looking forward to enjoying the rest of my life.
Lightrail11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mist8012 (08-03-2012)