View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 12:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jewels, remember, it is great that you now know what to fix! Having a goal is a good thing.

Now, it is time to learn. I have no sugar problems, but eating like a diabetic has done wonders for my PN and Autonomic Neuropathy which caused Dysautomia and POTS. I was terribly ill. Take a while to descibe how ill. I AM improving and my nerves are healing.

Here is a site with good recipes and information. There are others you can find too! People will help you find the best foods! There is SO much good information online!
http://www.dlife.com/

I went gfree two years ago. Then started the supplements my doctor said would help. They did! THEN, he told me in Jan. to stop sugar and bad carbs since they are not just bad for blood sugar and glycation, but also for the nerves and brain. Of course small amounts sometimes is fine for most people. Especially with fiber and protein.

Please do not be afraid. You can eat a lot! I stay FULL and lost 20 pounds!

I like having nuts mixed with a few dried cranberries. The cranberries are sweet, so just a few cranberries, but it is GOOD.

I make dark choc. candy with coconut oil and a tiny bit of peppermint oil. They look like coins. I eat one every day or two. That way I feel great eating a healthful snack and it is choc. so makes me happy!

Making healthful goodies is good because then you can keep enjoying food. There are a ton of good foods to make.

I have learned a lot. Like apple cider vinegar, a few tsp. in water lowers blood sugar when you eat.

Low fat protein, veggies, and some fruit like rasperries and others are great. Coconut oil, coconut manna are great, you can read about them.

Taking the supplements like Alpha Lipoic Acid, Benfotiamine, L carnitine, CoQ10 etc is good. The book "Minding my Mitochondria" is great. You can learn about foods that help our nerves and mitochondria.

Just take action and learn all you need to know about food. You can get this in control.

Nerves heal slowly, so be patient and stay on track. Stay positive. Our bodies want to heal and be well.

Sallysblooms is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-11-2012)